Sunday, April 11, 2010

Baldie Blues..... Ep 3

Like any other Sunday I got up early and was getting ready for church. When I was having my bath my mom yelled, "Shampoo chahiye? Ooops, mein toh bhool gayi tum ganje ho.... "

So much for moral support....

I left for church at about 7.15 am. I enter the church, and I get the exact dialogue I was expecting, "Yeh kya kar diya?". I mean can't you see??? I've gone bald. That's what I've done. Why does every other person have to ask the same god damn question? Some of them just add to the question. "Is this your way to beat the heat?", "Is everything fine at your end?","Didn't your parents tell you anything?"....

Most of them asking these stupid questions were the elders. I mean c'mon.. Is it written in the Methodist Church Rule Book that one cannot shave his head??? Alas, all I could do was answer politely with a wide smile as if they didn't bother me at all. Like I had any other option!!! Well as far as the leading the worship part goes, fortunately no one broke into laughter. It was just fine. Although a certain elder did come and tell me how I should not ask the congregation to stand up and clap their hands during worship..... yeah rite!!! Take a hike!!!

So overall it was a very obvious day, very obvious reactions, no rude comments as such. Thank God mum and dad weren't in church today. Or else people would have bombarded them with questions as well. Ohhh and by the way, our very own Dr. Caleb Harris(Surgeon at Tata Memorial & a youth member) has some weird theory about the whole going bald thing...

He says that going bald, helps you to build up you self confidence???? Strange???
Go figure. .. I'm not really sure what He was talking about.....That's it for now... Let's see what's more in store....

To be continued....

No comments:

Post a Comment