Thursday, April 8, 2010

Baldie Blues..... Ep 1

For the past two days my dad's been nagging me to go and get a haircut. Well today when He comes home, he's in for a shock. Why??? Cause I've gone bald.Yes, you read that right. And my dad had strictly said 'NO' for the same. Why? Coz he thinks that me shaving off my head will result into grey hair. Supposedly that's what happened to him in his teens. And because of this stupid reason, my parents never shaved my hair. Not even when I was an infant. So you can say that I just did something that every child goes through in his early days.

As I entered the shop, the barber asked me, "Daadi banani hai???" Although it was a genuine question, I felt it was very sarcastic. C'mon I hardly have any facial hair }:| . When I told him I wanted a haircut, he was all set with the spray and a pair of scissors. That's when I told him that I need to shave it off. I told him to first trim it off using a zero machine. So he started fooling around with my hair. He trimmed off everything except for a rectangular patch in the center. He was like,"Yeh WWF wale log aise hi baal rakhte hain!". Well it actually looked very funny. And then after some strokes here and there, it was finally done.

How does it feel??? I'd say mixed emotions. My initial reaction was, "Gosh! I miss my mustache." Probably having the mustache would've looked better. Considering the unbearable heat of Mumbai, it feels good. I feel light and cool. My friends started laughing even at the thought of me going bald. My mom couldn't stop laughing when she saw me. My mom thinks I look like a 'gunda'. My neighbour said I look like Viv Richards...yeah rite!! My youth advisor called to ask about my haircut...can you believe that. I don't know, I think I look the same, just minus the hair (|:P)

Well all said and done, I'm happy with the new look. I mean, they grow back don' t they?? It's my first shave in 20 years....it's OK!!! My dad's still not home. I can't wait to see the look on his face. He's gonna be annoyed for sure. But then I'll handle it. If I get a lot of grey hair....i'll go for the salt n pepper look. And then we also have hair color, don't we? Well that's it for now I guess. To be continued.....


2 comments:

  1. LMAO!!! Your poor dad... but it looks fine to me.. a little adventure didn't harm anyone.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah i know...the look on his face was like the one in those TIDE ad's....lol :)

    ReplyDelete